The Corporate and Foundations Relations team facilitates the development of mutually beneficial, strategic partnerships that result in access to WWU resources by corporate and foundation partners, and increased support for WWU students, faculty and programs.
Western students and faculty are innovators and critical thinkers who use interdisciplinary approaches to solve complex problems. Western’s CFR team serves as a concierge to help current and potential corporate and foundation partners connect to our remarkable faculty, students, and programs. We provide guidance and connections to help you successfully navigate WWU.
Industry-academic partnerships are not one-size-fits-all. Western’s CFR team is here to help you connect on campus in all the ways that will help you meet your business and recruitment objectives.
Support Faculty, Students and Facilities
A gift to WWU is an investment in the future. Private support is critical to turning out top professionals and pursuing transformative research. Impact the future of your industry and your workforce through a meaningful gift today.
Work With Faculty and Students
Learn about the research expertise of faculty and how to sponsor a custom project for your company.
Join an Affiliates Program
Affiliates programs encourage collaboration between academia and industry by fostering connections across research disciplines and opening doors for industry partners to access our highly-specialized resources.
Computer Science Corporate Alliance Program: contact Aran Clauson (email@example.com)
Engineering & Design Industry Sponsored Research
Learn More about WWU Resources
Arrange a campus visit through Corporate & Foundation Relations to learn about Western’s research facilities, centers and institutes; instrumentation labs and faculty expertise including:
- Advanced Materials Science and Engineering Center
- Behavioral Neuroscience Program
- Border Policy Research Institute
- Center for Business and Economic Research
- Cyber Security and Privacy Initiative
- Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Institute for Energy Studies
- Institute of Environmental Toxicology
- Institute for Watershed Studies
- Resilience Institute
- Salish Sea Institute
- Shannon Point Marine Center
- Small Business Development Center
Provide Continuing Education for Employees
Western provides opportunities for your employees to expand their knowledge and skills through programs such as the “weekend MBA” in Everett, WA, and the CISS program (available at different locations in the Puget Sound region.)
Everett Weekend MBA
Educational Leadership (North Seattle campus)
Recruitment and Internships
Our CFR team works closely with the Career Services Center to help companies customize recruitment plans, and make meaningful connections to future job and internship candidates.
- WWU consistently ranks among the nation's top regional public universities evaluated annually by U.S. News & World Report. Diversify and revitalize your recruitment pipeline by connecting with Western’s innovative, thoughtful, and creative students.
- Contact Career Services to learn more, and begin posting internships and jobs today.
WWU Employer Partners Program (Coming Fall 2017)
Program-Specific Internships (WWU / Colleges, Departments)
Practical experience is a critical part of a Western Washington University education, and as a result many programs require students to gain experience through internships. Examples of such colleges and programs can be found here:
- College of Science and Engineering
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Fine and Performing Arts
- Fairhaven College
- Huxley College of the Environment
- College of Business and Economics