Huxley College of the Environment
Huxley College of the Environment addresses today's environmental issues and prepares tomorrow's interdisciplinary problem solvers. We accomplish this mission by integrating outstanding educational programs, faculty-student collaboration, applied research, and professional and community service.
Huxley College of the Environment offers numerous scholarship support opportunities for donors. These scholarships support students in the research, field work, and internships that are a large part of the Huxley experience. Huxley alumni work as researchers and lab technicians, community activists and volunteers, urban planners, environmental advocates, elected officials, writers, artists, and business leaders. These scholarships launch our students into bright futures.
A partial list of funds at the WWU Foundation that provide support to Huxley College:
- Bradley F. Smith Internship Program
- Environmental Education Program
- Environmental Sciences Department
- Environmental Studies Department
- Geography Program
- Huxley College Annual Scholarship Fund
- Huxley College AWMA Team
- Huxley College Dean's Fund for Sustainability
- Huxley College General Fund
- Huxley College History Project
- Huxley College L.E.A.D. program
- Huxley College of the Environment Scholarship Endowment
- Huxley College Resilience Institute
- Huxley College Speaker Series
- Huxley College Student Research
- Huxley Internship Program
- Institute for Environmental Toxicology
- Institute for Watershed Studies
- Rainforest Immersion & Conservation Action (RICA) Program
- Rocky Spencer Memorial Endowment
- The Planet Magazine
- The Spatial Institute (GIS, Map Collections etc.)
- Tommy Gaines Research Stipend
Students rely upon the dedication and excellence of our distinguished faculty. One example of the tremendous affection and support Huxley receives from our community is the Debnath Mookherjee Excellence in Teaching Award. Established by the former students and colleagues of Professor Mookherjee upon his retirement in 2014, this award is given to a faculty member who exemplifies the dedication that Professor Mookherjee demonstrated throughout his fifty years of teaching at Western.
Huxley College students maintain both academic rigor and active leadership in their communities. An example of this outreach is the Sustainable Business Certificate. Huxley offers a series of workshops on sustainability as a business practices to businesses, students, and professionals. The certificate program contains 24 courses on topics as diverse as triple bottom line accounting, stakeholder engagement, and managing a green team.
Phaedra Booth, Associate Director of Development and Alumni Engagement
Phaedra is here to answer questions about how you can support Fairhaven College of Interdisciplinary Studies at (360) 650-2377 or email@example.com.