College of Business and Economics
The College of Business and Economics is a student-focused school of business and economics engaged in scholarly and professional activities that contribute to the well-being of society. The College of Business & Economics is an AACSB accredited school, an achievement only awarded to 796 schools worldwide.
- Build upon Western's strengths to address critical needs in the State of Washington.
- Expand student access to rigorous and engaging baccalaureate and graduate education.
- Foster and promote life-long learning and success in an ever-changing world.
- Apply Western's expertise and collaborative approach to scholarship, creativity, and research in ways that strengthen communities beyond the campus.
- Serve as a model for institutional effectiveness, innovation, diversity, and sustainability
The College of Business & Economics relies on donor support to increase our exceptional curriculum, programming, mentoring and career development.
Program Success: Create new and innovative business opportunities including: international immersion experiences, professional readiness and professional networking events
Faculty Success: Professorships to continue to remain competitive in recruitment and retention of quality educators
Student Success: Creation of new interactive learning lab space and support for access to important business-related software systems
The current initiative for scholarships are to create half or full-ride scholars, ideally bringing multiple alumni donors together to develop an endowment. To show the College of Business & Economics believes in this mission, Dean Scott T. Young has committed through the Dean’s Excellence Fund, a full-ride scholarship to one student in 2018 in perpetuity.
Faculty are encouraged to use summer session for research-focused work, to ensure the continued success of curriculum enhancements. The Center for Business & Economics Research, housed in the College, brings students and faculty together with each client to find solutions that inform, engage and encourage innovation.
Sasha Steiner, Director of Development
Sasha is here to answer questions about how you can support the College of Business at (360) 650-2760 or firstname.lastname@example.org.