There are many ways to give to WWU through The Western Foundation. Please review our Gift Acceptance Policy and refer to the giving methods below.
To give over the phone, or for more information, please call (360) 650-3027 to reach one of our development professionals.
Give using your credit card on our secure site. You can make one-time gift or set up a recurring gift online at wwu.edu/give
Make checks payable to WWU Foundation and write the area you wish to support in the memo line of your check.
Mail your check to:
516 High Street, MS 9034
Bellingham, WA 98225
WWU employees can give directly through their paycheck. Minimum deduction amount per pay period is $5. Employees can use the payroll deduction form to update, replace, or start a new payroll deduction gift.
Employees can use the form below to cancel an existing payroll deduction pledge.
Online payroll deduction cancellation form.
Appreciated Stocks and Securities
WWU welcomes gifts of appreciated stocks and securities. They may be made as outright gifts or as a payment on a pledge. Stock certificates may be reassigned directly to the WWU Foundation or may be transferred through the donor's broker. For more information click on this link. The mean market value on the date of the transfer will determine the value of the gift for tax purposes. It is best to consult with a development professional before a transaction is made. For general questions on securities, call (360) 650-3027.
Not all valuable contributions are financial. If you prefer to share your experience and skills with current students, sponsor or host an event, become a mentor or provide an internship, find out how to get involved.
A gift to honor or memorialize a family member, friend, student, or colleague is a powerful way to pay tribute to that important person. Many memorial funds are established as permanent endowments, carrying on the name(s) of those honored.
Here are a few ways you can honor someone with a gift at Western:
- Make a gift of any amount to your favorite department, program or scholarship in honor of someone. You can indicate the name of the person you are honoring when giving online or on the memo line of your check. If you would like us to send a card to the person or their next of kin, please include the name and address of the person we should send our “in honor/memory of” letter to.
- Purchase a brick for $100 or more to be placed on memory walk in front of Old Main at alumni.wwu.edu/campus-bricks
- Establish an annual scholarship in honor of someone with a gift of $2,000 per year or an endowed scholarship with a gift of $25,000 (payable over five years). Please visit our scholarship page for more information.
Please call (360) 650-3027 to make arrangements for more information on setting up a fund or contributing to an area or program of interest to the person being remembered or honored.
Gifts can be made online at wwu.edu/give or by check payable to the WWU Foundation and mailed to:
516 High Street
Bellingham, WA 98225-9034
Please visit our making a gift page for other ways to give.
Donors can contribute their personal residences, land, commercial or other property to the WWU Foundation. We also accept certain works of art, books, furnishings and other non-cash items. In most cases, these gifts are recorded at their fair market value. Gifts with a value of $5,000 or more must have a professional appraisal. Please call (360) 650-3027 to speak with a development professional about your gift of property.
When you make a gift to Western Washington University through your will, trust, or retirement plan, you are sowing the seeds of future support that will benefit Western – and its students – for generations to come. Planned gifts can provide flexible, creative approaches to your charitable and estate planning. While gifts through one’s estate are the most common type of planned gift, some planned gifts can provide you with income for life, while many others may reduce your taxes. Your gifts can be directed to support any area of the university you choose to further student success
Read about some of Western's most beloved donors and the impact their planned gifts have made.
Did you know that your employer and WWU might be the perfect match? Your company could double-or even triple-your gift through its matching gift program.
Our matching gift employer database makes it easy to see if your company matches charitable contributions to WWU. You can also verify matching contributions by contacting your HR department directly.
VikingFunder is Western's crowdsourcing fundraising site for departments, programs and clubs all across campus to participate in fundraising through their social media channels. While 100 percent of the money raised through VikingFunder goes to the projects, gifts made on the platform are treated as gifts to Western Washington University Foundation. They are tax-deductible under the Western Foundation’s 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, and go through Western’s online giving, gift processing, receipting, and recording protocols. Therefore, use of the platform is restricted to projects that meet certain eligibility criteria:
- There is a minimum goal of $1500 for projects using the Western crowdfunding platform.
- Projects must have a Western advisor (faculty member, staff member, or officially-recognized student organization) and approval from the respective dean.
- Funds raised must be used under the supervision of the Western sponsor. (This means that campaigns raising money that will be passed along to other non-profits are *not* eligible to use the Western crowdfunding platform.)
- Academic projects must have the approval of the ranking development officer in the college or unit.
Projects that do not meet all four of these criteria are not eligible to use VikingFunder to raise money for their project. View the complete list of guidelines to launch your VikingFunder project.