The College of Business and Economics is a student-focused school of business and economics engaged in scholarly and professional activities that contribute to the well-being of society. The College of Business & Economics is an AACSB accredited school, an achievement only awarded to 796 schools worldwide.
- Build upon Western's strengths to address critical needs in the State of Washington.
- Expand student access to rigorous and engaging baccalaureate and graduate education.
- Foster and promote life-long learning and success in an ever-changing world.
- Apply Western's expertise and collaborative approach to scholarship, creativity, and research in ways that strengthen communities beyond the campus.
- Serve as a model for institutional effectiveness, innovation, diversity, and sustainability
The College of Business & Economics relies on donor support to increase our exceptional curriculum, programming, mentoring and career development.
Program Success: Create new and innovative business opportunities including: international immersion experiences, professional readiness and professional networking events
Faculty Success: Professorships to continue to remain competitive in recruitment and retention of quality educators
Student Success: Creation of new interactive learning lab space and support for access to important business-related software systems
The current initiative for scholarships are to create half or full-ride scholars, ideally bringing multiple alumni donors together to develop an endowment. To show the College of Business & Economics believes in this mission, Dean Scott T. Young has committed through the Dean’s Excellence Fund, a full-ride scholarship to one student in 2018 in perpetuity.
Faculty are encouraged to use summer session for research-focused work, to ensure the continued success of curriculum enhancements. The Center for Business & Economics Research, housed in the College, brings students and faculty together with each client to find solutions that inform, engage and encourage innovation.